If you have a friend that also wants to earn an Instrument Rating – Why not do it together. This course gives you the same great professional training that our 14 day instrument course does with these advantages.
– Not only do you get your training, but you also may watch and learn while your friend does their training.
– You get an additional 15 to 20 hours in the aircraft to see, plan, and understand instrument procedures without
the pressure of flying the aircraft.
– This course is planned for 18 consecutive days; however, you will get a break twice during the course.
Why is a concentrated instrument training course desirable?
You receive consistent, in depth instruction.
You will retain information better with deeper understanding.
You will complete your license and be able to use your use your privileges in two weeks.
Many pilots may complete the instrument rating at their local FBO. However, most pilots start then stop then restart their training. This behavior leads to much higher costs and retraining. Often students never finish their rating. If you have already started your instrument rating already, how long have you been in training? How close to completing are you? Are you ready to consider an option to complete your rating in two weeks? Then a concentrated course to which you can fully dedicate your time and effort is the answer.
When is a good time to take this course?
From 1 June until 15 October I stay in Polson, MT for our flight training; however, due to weather issues from 16 October until 31 May I travel around the country doing flight instruction. I would be happy to join you in your area or select another part of the country to get your training done during the winter time.
We tailor the course to your schedule and needs. We will set a plan with you prior to arriving at your airport. Now we may have to change some plans due to weather or other circumstances but will try to stay to our set plan. We can meet you at your airport or we welcome you to join us here in Montana for your training. A typical course has us flying the first seven days at your local airport and training on our portable Flight Training Device (simulator). We now have an Elite P-135 with Garmin 430 radio and a Redbird with G1000 radios. Each pilot will work with the flight trainer and a flight each day for the first seven days. Next we work on approaches and instrument skills in your local area for seven days. We alternate flights between the pilots flying two or three flights per day. Then we plan our cross country flight and fly the profile over the next two days so you see different approaches and weather patterns. We will work with you where you would like to go. This makes the training more like the way you are going to fly when you receive your rating. Last, we will work on the check ride profile for the next two days and the last day will be your check ride. We can work this to stay in your area the whole time if you would like or we can work to do more cross-country training with approaches away from home. Like this paragraph started we will tailor it to your needs and training.
Items you the instrument client need to due to be ready for the course:
- Have your written test completed and still valid when our instructor shows up for your course.
- You the pilot should be current
- Current Flight Review (We can cover this if we need to, but add an extra day)
- Current medical certificate
- Current Passport (For TSA Reasons, if you do not have one talk to us on other options)
- Have 50 hours of PIC cross country time
- If using your aircraft it must be in flyable and current condition.
- Current Annual Inspection
- Current pilot static check
- Current mode C transponder check
- Current GPS updates
- Instruments capable if flying actual IFR ( If you plan on getting actual time).
- Study Materials – You may order these on line or get them from us. We are using the Gleim Instrument kit at this time.
- Text book to read prior to our instructor arriving at your airport.
- The Instrument Oral Study Guide which also needs to be read prior to our arrival. (We will go over questions in this oral every day during training).
- The Instrument Airman Certification Standards.
Cost: For Two Pilots
|In Polson/Great Falls/ MT 1 June to 15 October||If I Travel to Your Airport 16 October to 31 May|
|18 Day Course $9000||18 Day Course $9000|
|Unlimited FTD Time $1000||Unlimited FTD Time $1000|
|Motel for BGA Instructor when not in Polson||Motel for BGA Instructor|
|Travel $ 1200|
|Simulator Shipping $700|
If you need an instrument airplane for training our Cessna 182 now has Garmin 750 radios and ready for instrument flying. Our rental price is $175.00 per hour. Plan on 40 hours of flying time for an aircraft cost of $7000.00 Per Pilot.
If we travel to you:
* We will book our own motel reservations.
* Rental Car – Our instructors will not need a rental car or one of yours cars. Please pick us up to fly each day and drop us off at our hotel and we will make our own arrangements fro everything else. The other company demands a rental car or one of your cars for there instructor the entire course.
** Checkride costs are that of the client at the price of the local designated examiner.
While our course is still intense with a lot of learning going on it is not totally overwhelming like a 10 day course.
When training with a friend not only is it more fun, you will see more new or repeated procedures to make you a better pilot.
We accept personal Checks. Call us to set up your training dates.
A $2000.00 deposit is required for registration of the course.
Sixty days prior to your course start date a $4000.00 payment is due.
Thirty days prior to your course date the balance of your course payment is due.
You can always pay the entire course fee at registration.
If you cancel before ninety (90) days prior to the beginning of the training, a full refund (minus a $1,000.00 reservation fee) will be made.
If you cancel before thirty (30) days prior to the beginning of the training, a full refund (minus a $2000.00 reservation fee) will be made.
If you cancel within thirty (30) days prior to the beginning of the training, a full refund (minus a $4000.00 reservation fee) will be made.
I hope you consider Blue Goose Aviation for your instrument rating for professional concise training in a reasonable amount of time.
Blue Goose Aviation