Why is a concentrated instrument training course desirable?
You receive consistent, in depth instruction.
You will retain information better with deeper understanding.
You will complete your license and be able to use your use your privileges in two weeks.
Many pilots may complete the instrument rating at their local FBO. However, most pilots start then stop then restart their training. This behavior leads to much higher costs and retraining. Often students never finish their rating. If you have already started your instrument rating already, how long have you been in training? How close to completing are you? Are you ready to consider an option to complete your rating in two weeks? Then a concentrated course to which you can fully dedicate your time and effort is the answer.
But what is the optimum length of time for a concentrated course that is effective and does not overwhelm the student. Consider the two examples below:
|Blue Goose Aviation||Other Instrument Company|
|Our 14 day course sets aside extra time for you to learn.||Often home work is not completed due to long days so the next day is rushed and more stressful.|
|We work 6 to 8 hours a day with 1 hour of homework each night.||You work 10 – 12 hour days with 1-2 hours homework each night.|
|We train 13 of the 14 days at 8 hours per day you receive 96 to 104 hours of instruction during the course.
Simulator use during the course is free and up to 10 hours may count towards your rating.
|You train 9 out of 10 days at 10 Hours per day is 90 to 108 hours of instruction during the course.|
|If you are ready for your checkride prior to the 14th day we will refund your training day costs back to you.||The course is planned for 10 days.|
|We plan to find weather during the training so you get some actual instrument flying time.|
We tailor the course to your schedule and needs. We will set a plan with you prior to arriving at your airport. Now we may have to change some plans due to weather or other circumstances but will try to stay to our set plan. We can meet you at your airport or we welcome you to join us here in Montana for your training. A typical course has us flying the first seven days at your local airport and training on our portable Flight Training Device (simulator). We now have an Elite P-135 with Garmin 430 radio and a Redbird with G1000 radios. Then we plan on a three day cross country so you see different approaches and weather patterns. We will work with you where you would like to go. This makes the training more like the way you are going to fly when you receive your rating. Then we will work on the checkride profile for the next three days and the last day will be your checkride. We can work this to stay in your area the whole time if you would like or we can work to do more cross-country training with approaches away from home. Like this paragraph started we will tailor it to your needs and training.
Items you the instrument client need to due to be ready for the course:
- Have your written test completed and still valid when our instructor shows up for your course.
- You the pilot should be current
- Current Flight Review (We can cover this if we need to, but add an extra day)
- Current medical certificate
- Current Passport (For TSA Reasons, if you do not have one talk to us on other options)
- Your aircraft must be flyable
- Current Annual Inspection
- Current pilot static check
- Current mode C transponder check
- Instruments capable if flying actual IFR ( If you plan on getting actual time).
- Study Materials – Once you sign up for the course we will send you a:
- Text book to read prior to our instructor arriving at your airport.
- The Instrument Oral Study Guide which also needs to be read prior to our arrival. (We will go over questions in this oral every day during training).
- The Instrument Practical Test Standards.
|Blue Goose Aviation||If I Travel to Your Airport|
|14 Day Course $5600||14 Day Course $5600|
|Gleim Instrument Kit/Course Supplies $180||Gleim Instrument Kit/Course Supplies $180|
|Motel 7 Days @ $150 per day $1050||Motel 14 Days @ $150 per day $2100|
|Total in Polson MT $6830||Travel $ 1200|
|Simulator Shipping $700|
|Total in Polson Mt in our Aircraft||Total if I come to you $9780|
If you need an instrument airplane for training our Cessna 182 now has Garmin 750 radios and ready for instrument flying. Our rental price is $205.00 per hour. Plan on 35 hours of flying time for an aircraft cost of $7175.00
If we travel to you:
* We will book our own motel reservations.
* Rental Car – Our instructors will not need a rental car or one of yours cars. Please pick us up to fly each day and drop us off at our hotel and we will make our own arrangements fro everything else. The other company demands a rental car or one of your cars for there instructor the entire course.
** Checkride costs are that of the client at the price of the local designated examiner.
While our course is still intense with a lot of learning going on it is not totally overwhelming like a 10 day course.
We accept Paypal or personal Checks. Call us to set up your training dates.
A $1000.00 deposit is required for registration of the course.
Sixty days prior to your course start date a $2000.00 payment is due.
Thirty days prior to your course date the balance of your course payment is due.
You can always pay the entire course fee at registration.
If you cancel before ninety (90) days prior to the beginning of the training, a full refund (minus a $500.00 reservation fee) will be made.
If you cancel before thirty (30) days prior to the beginning of the training, a full refund (minus a $1000.00 reservation fee) will be made.
If you cancel within thirty (30) days prior to the beginning of the training, a full refund (minus a $2000.00 reservation fee) will be made.
I hope you consider Blue Goose Aviation for your instrument rating for professional concise training in a reasonable amount of time.
Blue Goose Aviation